Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Affirmations

here's something i found from the ManifestLife Forum i periodically go to:

"This is the word-for-word affirmation Anthony Robbins personally used. He went from being in a state of poverty, living in a tiny one-bedroom apartment (where he used to wash dishes in the bath tub), being clinically obese and having no girlfriend - to becoming a millionaire, achieving his ideal weight and becoming physically fit, living in a real-life castle (with turrets) by the ocean with his dream woman -- all within a year's time."

Here it is......

"God's wealth is circulating in my life. His wealth flows to me in avalanches of abundance. All my needs, desires and goals are met instantaneously because I am one with God, and God is everything."

(posted by John in the forum)

***


i've adapted it to something which resonates more with me and what i've learned/grown into so far:

"God's wealth is circulating in my life. God's wealth flows to me and through me in avalanches of abundance. All my needs, desires and goals are instantaneously met because I am one with God, and God is my Infinite and Abundant Supply, and God is Everything!!!"

***

if only to keep my positive vibes up, staying in joyful and allowing mode, i have been using these affirmation these days. when i can, i go to my Manifesting Journal and write it down at least 10 times (Stuart Lichtman recommends writing affirmations down 100x; yes, it worked before in grade school, it still works now! : > ).

somehow, writing them down makes them feel more solid, more real, than just merely thinking them out or even secretly saying them to my self. or maybe it's just because im a very visual and verbal learner. : )

writing the affirmation down also quickly amps up my energies again. this, in addition to my basic Gratitude mantra ("thank you God, for all the blessings i have received, all the blessings i am receiving, and all the blessings coming my way!")

***

it was actually while writing the affirmation down in its original Robbins' form that i grew to changing some parts into what resonates for me more. Lichtman discusses it in his Cybernetic Transposition principles, too, in how to get the unconscious parts of the mind agree more with the conscious parts of the mind, so you get to whole-brain functioning, not one part of the brain working against the other parts.

***

"God's wealth" twice mentioned, instead of "His" the second time-- for all we know, God is a woman, or both a man, woman and who-else too! : )

"through me", because i strongly believe that i am not only a recipient of blessings but a conduit as well; and the more i allow them to flow through me, the more i also receive in the process. "my cup overflows and runneth over".

"God is my Infinite and Abundant Supply"-- something i came across, learned and started using 2-3 years ago and which has helped me a lot in growing out of a poverty/competitive mentality to a more abundant/creative mentality. i forgot the author, but he was supposed to have published these 10 Wealth Principles from way back in the 1940s yet. you take one principle a day and memorize and affirm it to your self. by the end of 40 days, you will have acquired a new mode of thinking about money, and wealth (yes, it's more than just money!), and abundance. i still have the list of the 10 principles here (they are actually in my cellphone; i still keep going back to them from time to time, when im feeling my self slide down to scarcity mentality again), and i will share them in the next post.

No comments: